So many book recommendations picked up over the last few months. Highlights below . . .
- The Solace of Fierce Landscapes by Belden C Lane - Heavy and beautiful stuff. Good non-fiction about the impact nature has on one's soul. (probably too heavy to read on the plane, save it for a comfy spot at home.)
- Lifetonic: A Modern Toolbox to Heal your Life and Soothe your Soul by Jody Shield - Jody is amazing and I really appreciate having gotten to spend a week in Idaho with her. She really has created a great toolbox of exercises (written and physical) to help one through life. (first half is plane worthy, to properly experience the second half you need to follow the practices at home)
- Carpet Ride to Khiva: Seven Years on the Silk Road by Christopher Aslan Alexander - Anyone that packs up their bags for an adventure then finds themselves empowering a foreign culture is awesome in my book. You're going to want to go to Uzbekistan after reading this. (airplane worthy)
- Run the World: My 3,500 Mile Journey Through Running Cultures Around the Globe by Becky Wade - Running plus traveling is my dream vocation. Becky found a way to make it academic as well. Cool insights on training from cultures around the world. (airplane worthy)
- Dragon Teeth by Michael Crichton - I don't care if Crichton died 10 years ago or 100 years ago, put his name on a book and I'm going to read it. Throw in dinosaurs and my 8 year old predilection to be a paleontologist and I will be the happiest person on earth reading it. (airplane worthy)
Any books on your recommendations list to share?